Classes begin quarterly
Learn UX/UI in 24 Weeks Online
In today’s technology-driven world, phrases like “responsive design” and “user-friendly interface” have become increasingly important across industries. It’s no surprise that User Experience Researcher and UI Designer are among the top 100 best jobs in America with a projected growth rate of 19% and 27% respectively.*
Now more than ever, companies need innovative thinkers with the ability to transform their businesses through optimized interfaces and seamless user experiences.
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient weekday hours.
- Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
- Tap into our wide range of career-planning services to help you succeed in the field.
What Students Receive
- Through immersive instruction and complex projects, students learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers, employing user-centered design and creative tools to build compelling designs and user experiences.
- Individuals gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students are equipped with the technical skills needed to be competitive in the fields of user experience research and user interface design.
- Those working to change career paths receive extensive career-planning assistance, including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
- Students will receive a UX/UI Certificate from the University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies, showcasing their accomplishments to future employers.
User-Centric Design Research:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Practices
- Information Architecture and Flow
- User Need Identification
- User Experience Interviewing
- Persona Creation
- Insight Synthesis
Visual Prototyping and Wireframing:
- Adobe XD
- Google Slides
- Decision Mapping
- Decision Flow Diagrams
User Interface Development:
- Atomic Design
- UI Grids and Composition
- Color Theory
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Interaction Design and Iconography
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
The U of M UX/UI Boot Camp part-time program is six months (24 weeks) long.
No, you do not have to be a University of Minnesota student to enroll in U of M UX/UI Boot Camp. The program is offered through The University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies.
No previous experience in programming or UX/UI is required as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
- 24-week program
- Classes held three weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
» Coding Boot Camp: » Data Boot Camp: » Cybersecurity Boot Camp: » UX/UI Boot Camp: » FinTech Boot Camp: » Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
» Coding Boot Camp:
» Data Boot Camp:
» Cybersecurity Boot Camp:
» UX/UI Boot Camp:
» FinTech Boot Camp:
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
Ready to learn more about the University of Minnesota UX/UI Boot Camp? Contact an admissions officer at (612) 424-8605 or fill out the form below.
These programs are offered through the University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies, in collaboration with edX.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.