Submit your application today. All classes are being offered through our proven virtual classroom experience. Learn more.
Become a Cybersecurity Professional in 24 Weeks
Online Saint Paul Cybersecurity Boot Camp
Big data needs big protection. That’s because 90 percent of the world’s data has been created in just the last two years*. And as computer networks grow, so too does the quantity of vulnerable information.
University of Minnesota Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach in attaining proficiency in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
- Gain experience with a host of popular tools such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, and more.
- Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+, Cloud+, and certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Advance your skillset even if you’re currently employed or in school through convenient evening classes.
- Benefit from a comprehensive set of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
If you are eager to become a digital defender and learn how to keep data safe from prying eyes, or if any of the below describe you, enrolling in this program could help put you on the path to achieving your goals:
- You are currently working in a technical field and want to expand your cyber knowledge, better understand how to keep data secure, and learn hands-on skills to apply on the job.
- You are a part of a company that has urgent cybersecurity needs to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of data and software.
- You understand the growing need for cybersecurity professionals and want to become a part of making the internet a safer space.
- You are a tech enthusiast looking to start your career in tech and get your foot in the door in the world of networking and security.
Building On The Basics
Achieving your goals in cybersecurity requires not only deep security knowledge, but also experience with the application of that knowledge. Our curriculum is designed to give you both the knowledge you need to move toward the cybersecurity industry and ample experience applying that knowledge to real-world problems.
Throughout the program, you will learn tools and technologies vetted by current practitioners, and learn skills applicable to certifications expected of all serious security professionals.
At University of Minnesota Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
You’ll learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers. Through hands-on application, you’ll gain the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum* will dive into the foundational skills for cybersecurity, including:
- Packet Analysis
- Windows and Linux Administration Techniques
- Windows and Linux Hardening
- Secure Network Design and Architecture
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Security
Ethical Hacking and Penetration:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Web Vulnerabilities and Security
- Digital Forensics Methods
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Security Operations and Analytics
Programming and Scripting:
- Bash Scripting
- PowerShell Scripting
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
By the time you complete the program, you will know how to:
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities
- Configure machines on a virtual network, deploy them to the cloud, and investigate cloud security risks
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors
- Write Bash scripts to automate security and operating systems tasks
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling in the Cybersecurity Boot Camp??
While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for the program.
No, you do not have to be a University of Minnesota student to enroll in U of M Cybersecurity Boot Camp. The program is offered through The University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies.
The part-time cybersecurity program is 6 months (24 weeks) long.
U of M Cybersecurity Boot Camp classes in St. Paul are being held through our tried and tested virtual classroom. For more information on how to apply to this program, please fill out our contact form or call to speak with admissions at (612) 424-8605.
- 24-week program
- Classes held three weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
» Coding Boot Camp:
- Full-Time June 20, 2023
- Part-Time Soon
» Data Boot Camp:
- Part-Time June 21, 2023
» Cybersecurity Boot Camp:
- Part-Time June 21, 2023
» UX/UI Boot Camp:
- Part-Time June 5, 2023
» FinTech Boot Camp:
- Part-Time July 17, 2023
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
- Part-Time April 24, 2023
Learn more about University of Minnesota Cybersecurity Boot Camp by calling an admissions advisor at (612) 424-8605 or filling out the form below.
Get Program Info
These programs are offered through the University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies, in collaboration with edX.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.