Learn Data Analytics in 24 Weeks
Online Saint Paul Data Analytics Boot Camp
University of Minnesota Data Visualization and Analytics Boot Camp puts the student experience first, teaching you the knowledge and skills to conduct robust analytics.
In just 24 weeks, you’ll journey through a challenging data science and analytics curriculum and gain the specialized skills needed to analyze big data and solve complex real-world problems. With a flexible, online part-time schedule, you can fit this program into your life whether you’re in college or you’re an adult working full-time.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our online data analytics course features the best of online education: live, interactive online classes led by skilled instructors and hands-on projects that provide real-world training.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why choose our data analytics boot camp?
- Earn a Certificate of Completion after studying part-time over 24 weeks in our online data analytics program.
- Apply your knowledge on projects that align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like finance services, human resources, healthcare, and government.
- Receive high levels of support from a team including instructors, teaching assistants, student success team, free tutor network, and more.
- Benefit from the support career services will provide you during the program and after successful completion of the program.
Collaborating with your classmates and also working solo, you’ll take your new skills and put them to use on comprehensive portfolio projects. These projects allow you to build a professional portfolio to showcase your skills in today’s job market. Over 24 intensive weeks, you’ll learn the fundamentals for data analytics and visualization, including:
Front End Web Visualization
Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
Unsupervised Machine Learning
Supervised Machine Learning
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest tools and technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your Instructor and Teaching Assistants.
Receive extensive real-time support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, and student success and career services teams.
Those who complete the online data analytics program can be qualified for a number jobs including:
- Looks at large amounts of information to glean data-driven insights using a variety of coding, statistics and tools.
- Employs advanced skills that include those of data analysts, data engineers and more! They focus on machine learning and algorithm development for modeling trends and forecasting the future.
- Uses Excel and Powerpoint to create reports around key business questions and develop strategies based on macro trends in the data.
- Designs, installs, tests and maintains software systems with popular programming languages like Python.
When learning the skills for data analysis, it’s important to have help available when you need it. University of Minnesota Data Analytics Boot Camp’s part-time program offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Is this program right for you?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply to the Data Analytics Boot Camp
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Data Analytics Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
» Coding Boot Camp:
- Full-Time June 13, 2022
- Part-Time Soon
» Data Boot Camp:
- Part-Time June 13, 2022
» Cybersecurity Boot Camp:
- Part-Time June 13, 2022
» UX/UI Boot Camp:
- Part-Time June 6, 2022
» FinTech Boot Camp:
- Part-Time June 27, 2022
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
- Part-Time July 25, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not have to be a University of Minnesota student to attend U of M Data Visualization and Analytics Boot Camp. The program is offered through The University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies.
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in U of M Boot Camps. Once a prospective student fills out the form or calls our admissions department, they will go through an initial phone interview with an advisor. Applicants who are recommended to move forward will then take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment.
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.